Candy, candy, candy! Yes it is time to get ready for Halloween! What is your favorite Halloween candy to give and to receive?
This year we are making our own lollipop treats to pass out to family and friends. These Jolly Rancher lollipops are not our original idea and can be found all over the internet.
My teens tried it many months ago after seeing it on Pinterest. It is SUPER easy to do and in less than 10 minutes you can have 10 treats done!
- Jolly Ranchers
- Lollipop Sticks
- Powdered Sugar
- Baking Pan
- Parchment Paper
- Preheated 225 degree oven
- Various sizes of Satin Ribbon
- Various sizes of Twill Ribbon
- Various sizes of Gingham Ribbon
- Cellophane gift bags
- Bowdabra Bow Wire
1. Preheat the oven to 225 degrees. Line baking pan with parchment paper. Unwrap all the Jolly Rancher candy and put three together on a baking pan. Mix and match your colors.
2. Place them in the preheat oven for 10 minutes or until they looked melted.
3. Pull them out and place your stick on top of the hot candy.
4. Quickly and gently, roll the stick to cover it in candy. Let cool.
5. Once cooled they can be eaten.
6. Add ribbon to your lollipop treats. It is easy to do! Just cut various sizes and shapes of ribbon and tie it on the sticks. For the Halloween pops we cut and pull on some of the ribbon ends to make them look tattered.
7. If these are going to be passed out as treats later, it is good to put them in their own individual cellophane bags. Before doing that, lightly dust with powered sugar so it doesn’t stick to the bag.
8. Insert into the bag and tie it with Bowdabra Wire. Add ribbon.