What’s Halloween without pumpkins? Right! Instead of carving pumpkins add rhinestones for fun Halloween home decor. Use either real pumpkins or foam pumpkins and “glam them up” with gems and ribbon. Pumpkins can be painted in a solid color like black or white or left orange. Finish with a beautiful Mini Bowdabra grosgrain bow with glitter spider center.
- Pumpkin (real or fake)
- Black Spray Paint (if necessary)
- Halloween Rhinestone Stickers
- Glitter Spider
- 7/8″ Purple Grosgrain
- Mini Bowdabra
- Hair Bow Tool & Ruler
- Silver Bowdabra Bow Wire
1. Begin by gathering materials for your glam rhinestone pumpkin.
2. Place the rhinestone stickers onto the pumpkin.
3. Cut 7/8″ grosgrain ribbon for a bow tail – cut the ribbon ends at an angle and tie it onto the pumpkin stem.
4. Place the Hair Bow Tool & Ruler onto the Mini Bowdabra. Cut 18″ of Bowdabra Bow Wire, fold it in half and place it into the Mini Bowdabra.
5. Place the end of the grosgrain ribbon into the Mini Bowdabra.
6. Fold the ribbon at the 2″ mark to create your first loop.
7. Fold the ribbon at the 2″ mark on the other side to create another loop.
8. Continue to fold and press at the 2″ mark for more loops (I created a total of 6 loops at the 2″ mark).
9. Fold at the 1.5″ mark to create to more loops. Cut the ribbon from the spool.
10. Scrunch down with the Mini Bowdabra Wand.
11. While the bow is still in the Mini Bowdabra, thread the two loose ends of the Bowdabra Bow Wire through the loop at the other end.
12. Pull the Bowdabra Bow Wire tightly while the bow is still in the Mini Bowdabra.
13. Gently pull the bow out of the Mini Bowdabra. Separate the two loose ends of the Bowdabra Bow Wire and bring them around to the back of the bow. To tie off the bow, pinch the Bowdabra Bow Wire securely against the bow. Twist the bow 4 to 6 times in a clockwise direction.
14. Fluff the bow and separate the loops.
15. Glue a glitter spider or something similar to the front of the bow to hide the Bowdabra Bow Wire. Use the wire to attach the bow to the ribbon. Spiral the wire around a pencil for fun ringlets.
16. Your Halloween rhinestone pumpkin is ready to be displayed in your home.