When I saw this pumpkin at my local craft store, I knew right away what I wanted to do with “her”. Yes I knew she was a girl pumpkin and she was screaming out to me that she
wanted a sassy hair bow! She was a whole pumpkin and needed to be cut in half so that I could hang her on the front door. I love walking around craft stores for inspiration. How about you?
This is a super easy project that took under 30 minutes to complete. The most time consuming part was cutting the pumpkin. There are a lot of pumpkins on the market that are easy to cut. This was was a tad bit of a challenge because it was styrofoam inside. I suggest getting a hallow pumpkin for easier cutting.
- Bowdabra Bow Wire
- 3 14″ pieces of 2 1/2 inch wide Wire Edged Ribbon
- 25″ 3/8 inch Grosgrain rust
- 2 7″ 5/8 inch seasonal Satin Ribbon
- 1 10″5/8 inch Satin Ribbon
- hot glue gun
- craft eyes
- Halloween tag
- Craft pumpkin
1. Use a knife to cut the craft pumpkin in half. This will allow it to be flat again the door.
2. Cut 24″ of Bowdabra Bow Wire and fold it and place it into the Bowdabra.
3. Take the 3 large pieces of wire ribbon and add them to the Bowdabra. Do this one at a time and spread them out.
4. Next, take the grosgrain ribbon and make equal loops back and forth into the Bowdabra until you use up the ribbon.
5. Find the center of the 10″ piece of satin ribbon, add it into the Bowdabra and make equal loops into the Bowdabra.
6. Take the last two pieces of ribbon, find the center and add them into the Bowdabra. Spread them out.
7. Squish down with the Bowdabra wand. Pull up the Bowdabra Wire and tie off the bow. Don’t cut off the extra wire. Use it to attach ribbon to pumpkin.
8. Turn the bow around, fluff it and tie it to the stem pf the pumpkin.
9. The pumpkin is finished. You can leave it like it is or give it a tag and a face.
Check out all the Making Memories Fall Ribbons.