Halloween is one of my favorite holidays. It is time to dress up and wear fun ghosts in your hair. Make cute ghost clips for your daughter, friend, niece or granddaughter. Use any color for the ghost’s bow. This is your chance to be creative or involve your daughter’s opinion.
- Mini Bowdabra
- Bowdabra Bow Wire
- Hair Bow Tool & Ruler
- Glue gun
- 3/8″ Satin Ribbon
- 3/8″ White Taffeta or Grosgrain ribbon
- Googly eyes
- Alligator clip
1. Gather all of your materials to begin making your ghost clip(s). Plug in your glue gun.
2. Glue a piece of black grosgrain ribbon along an alligator clip.
3. Cut five 2” pieces of white grosgrain or taffeta ribbon.
4. Squeeze each end so the outside ends touch. Cut at an angle. Burn the ends. Repeat till all five pieces are done.
5. Glue each of the five pieces onto the clip so they overlap one another.
6. Next, place the Hair Bow Tool & Ruler on the Mini Bowdabra. Cut 18″ of Bowdabra Bow Wire and fold it in half and place it into the Mini Bowdabra.
7. Place a piece of ribbon onto the Mini Bowdabra with the tail on the left at the 1” mark.
8. Make a loop on each side and point the ends towards the top.
9. While the bow is still in the Mini Bowdabra, thread the two loose ends through. Separate the two loose ends of the Bowdabra Bow Wire and bring them around to the back of the bow. Cut the Bowdabra Bow Wire.
10. Cut a small piece of the same ribbon. Wrap around the middle of the bow. Glue the ends together.
11. Glue bow onto the top of the five pieces of white ribbon.
12. Glue two googly eyes onto the white ribbon.
13. Repeat steps 2-12 for a second clip. Enjoy!