Celebrate Halloween with this candy corn ribbon themed over the top boutique bow with ruffled ribbon rosettes. Create the bow in several steps and then attach all the bow pieces onto an oval plastic barrette cover. Little girls will have be so pleased to wear this hair bow leading up to Halloween and even in the fall.
- 1.5″ White Grosgrain Ribbon
- 7/8″ Yellow Grosgrain Ribbon
- 7/8″ Orange Grosgrain Ribbon
- 1.5″ White Ruffled Ribbon
- 1.5″ Yellow Ruffled Ribbon
- 1.5″ Orange Ruffled Ribbon
- Black Sparkle Tulle
- Oval Plastic Barrette Cover
- French Hair Clip
- Mini Bowdabra
- Hair Bow Tool & Ruler
- Bowdabra Bow Wire
- Thin Fiber Ribbon
- Hot Glue Gun
1. Begin with 20″ of yellow, orange, white ruffled ribbon.
2. To create the rosettes: (1.) Fold the ribbon in half to create a tail. (2.) Fold the ribbon down for a point. (3.) At the point begin to fold and twist the ribbon – keep the ribbon folded. (4.) Continue fold the rosette. Keep the ribbon held tightly at the bottom. (5.) When you reach the end of the ribbon hot glue it to the underneath of the rosette. (6.) Trim away the tail, leaving a small piece to hot glue to the bottom of the flower.
3. Create a yellow and white ruffled ribbon rosette, as well.
4. Cut black sparkle tulle to cover the white oval plastic barrette cover. Hot glue the tulle onto the barrette cover.
5. To create the boutique bows: Place the Hair Bow Tool & Ruler onto the Mini Bowdabra. Cut 18″ of Bowdabra Bow Wire and fold it in half and place it into the Mini Bowdabra.
6. Follow the Interactive Hair Bow Making CD (comes with Hair Bow Tool & Ruler) for making a 4″ wide Boutique Bow with tails.
7. Cut 7/8″ orange grosgrain 6″ long with dovetails. Place it into the Mini Bowdabra.
8. Cut strips of black sparkle tulle and place them into the Mini Bowdabra. Scrunch down with the Mini Bowdabra Wand.
9. Follow the instructions on the Interactive Hair Bow Making CD (comes with the Hair Bow Tool & Ruler) for making a 3″ wide Boutique Bow. Scrunch down with the Mini Bowdabra.
10. While the bow is still in the Mini Bowdabra, thread the two loose ends of the Bowdabra Bow Wire through the loop at the other end. Pull the Bowdabra Bow Wire tightly while the bow is still in the Mini Bowdabra.
11. Gently pull the bow out of the Mini Bowdabra. Separate the two loose ends of the Bowdabra Bow Wire and bring them around to the back of the bow. To tie off the bow, pinch the Bowdabra Bow Wire securely against the bow. Twist the bow 4 to 6 times in a clockwise direction. Fluff the bow.
12. Tie pieces of thin fiber ribbon onto the center of the bow.
13. Hot glue the white ruffled ribbon rosette onto the front of the Over the Top Halloween Boutique Bow. Trim away excess Bowdabra Bow Wire.
14. Hot glue the yellow and orange rosettes on the oval barrette.
15. Hot glue the boutique bows onto the clip.
16. The Over the Top Halloween Boutique Bow with Ruffled Ribbon Rosettes is complete.