Sunflower bouquets are rich in autumn colors and perfect for fall decorating. Using a terracotta pot and a Styrofoam ball create an arrangement of small sunflowers. Finish the fall floral arrangement with a Mini Bowdabra Bow.
- Styrofoam Ball
- Terracotta Pot
- Autumn Wire Ribbon
- Fall Foliage
- Wire Cutters
- Mini Bowdabra
- Bowdabra Bow Wire
1. Begin by gathering the materials you will need for this project.
2. Place the Styrofoam ball into the terracotta pot. Cut the sunflowers from foliage bush using wire cutters. Place the sunflowers into the Styrofoam.
3. Place the sunflowers around the perimeter.
4. Completely cover the ball with sunflowers.
5. Tie the wire ribbon around the edge of the terracotta pot. Dovetail the ends of the ribbons.
6. Create a Bow: Begin by cutting 18″ of Bowdabra Bow Wire, fold it in half and place it into the Mini Bowdabra.
7. Next, place the end of the wire ribbon into the Mini Bowdabra.
8. Fold and twist the ribbon into the Mini Bowdabra to create your first loop.
9. Create a matching loop on the other side.
10. Fold and twist another loop just make it slightly smaller. Create a matching loop on the other side.
11. Fold and twist another loop again slightly smaller than the last. Create a matching loop on the other side.
12. Lastly, fold and twist another smaller loop. Create a matching loop on the other side. Trim away excess ribbon.
13. Scrunch down with the Mini Bowdabra Wand.
14. While the bow is still in the Mini Bowdabra, thread the two loose ends of the Bowdabra Bow Wire through the loop at the other end.
15. Pull the Bowdabra Bow Wire tightly while the bow is still in the Mini Bowdabra.
16. Gently pull the bow out of the Mini Bowdabra. Separate the two loose ends of the Bowdabra Bow Wire and bring them around to the back of the bow. To tie off the bow, pinch the Bowdabra Bow Wire securely against the bow. Twist the bow 4 to 6 times in a clockwise direction.
17. Fluff the bow by arranging the wire ribbon loops.
18. Using the Bowdabra Bow Wire tie the bow onto the ribbon strands around the edge of the terracotta pot. Trim away excess wire.
19. Optional: Add a fabric apple to the center of the bow, to hide the Bowdabra Bow Wire.
20. Decorate your home this fall with our sunflower floral arrangement.