Are you ready for the holidays? Well, how about creating a turkey hair clip to dress up your daughter, sister, niece or granddaughter. She will look so festive wearing a “Gobble Gobble” hair clip. Best of all kids can help making their own hair clips!
- Glue gun or glue dots
- Red and yellow felt
- 3/8″ Grosgrain ribbon (Red, beige, green, orange, brown, yellow, etc)
- 3/8″ Sheer red/yellow ribbon
- Googly eyes
- Alligator clip
1. Gather all of your materials to begin making your turkey clip. Plug in your glue gun.
2. Glue a piece of beige grosgrain ribbon along an alligator clip.
3. Cut 2- 2” pieces of brown grosgrain ribbon.
4. Take one of the brown pieces and glue the top to the inside of the clip. Take the end and place on a diagonal. Glue down. Take the second piece of brown ribbon and place on the opposite side. Glue down. Set aside.
5. Cut 5- 3” pieces of colored grosgrain ribbon. I had fun using ribbon with polka dots, stripes and plain.
6. Glue each piece together at the end.
7. Next, glue each piece to the inside of the clip for the turkey’s feathers.
8. Glue each googly eye onto the top of the clip.
9. Cut out a yellow triangle for the turkey’s beak and glue below the eyes.
10. Cut a red shape for the snood. Glue on top of the turkey’s beak.
11. Repeat steps 2-10 to a pair of turkey clips. Happy Thanksgiving!,